Pages

Sunday, 5 June 2011

A Weekend in Plymouth

This weekend I went to Plymouth with Jo (who is originally from Plymouth, or near enough) and attended a lovely free music festival in Freedom Park. I got to see one of my favourite bands, Crazy Arm, after almost a year - I last saw them at 2000 Trees Festival (the anniversary of which is coming up in about a month, I will cut off my wrist band on that date). But anyway, Crazy Arm were indeed awesome, as was everything else about the day.

Cafe Nero lunch before festival.
Then the warm walk to Freedom Park, pausing to photograph a nice sign.
Band whose name I have forgotten, but they were quite good.
Mad Dog McRae
 And then we went to the front. Side of stage.
Banjo!
Should have seen this at the beginning.
Enter Crazy Arm, the best local(ish) band around.
Front row seats.

That foot belongs to a crowd surfer. Bearing in mind the front crowd was only about 20 people.
AWESOME.
No veggie burgers, so cheesy chips had to do.
 A tree...
A little bit of reggae. I do like reggae/ska brass instrumentation.
Smile.
Headliners, Patrickjamespearson band from a distance.
 They had some technical difficulties for half an hour so, sadly, a very short set.

And today we went to Plymouth Hoe, where there is a lighthouse known as Smeaton's Tower - this lighthouse is the only thing I remember from a family holiday visit to Plymouth years ago. I know me and dad went up in the lighthouse whilst mum and Mike (brother) sat on the grass with ice creams.


End.

No comments:

Post a Comment