Pages

Sunday, 10 July 2011

Letterpress workshop: Day two

Day two, the day after day one. Today I made business cards and experimented with chunky wooden type. Both were fun.

Not sure what I was trying to photograph here... but you can see some type.
Test prints.
Yellow-ish, nice texture business cards.
Some white ones, I possibly prefer.
I suggest taking a closer look. Clicky, clicky.
Setting some wood type.
I don't think I'm supposed to like the print on newsprint, but I do.
It's shiny because of the camera flash, this is the most "inked" of them all.

Sorry for only sharing phone photos, I shall scan some of these bits at some point. Whether my scanner will show the detail very well... it's obviously not as good as the real, physical thing!

Definitely want my own printing press/type/other printing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment