Pages

Friday, 2 September 2011

London was a'Calling

If I don't visit London for a few months, I start itching to go. This happened. So ma and I went today. We tackled two exhibitions, coffee, burgers, Covent Garden and plenty of sunshine (plus some trees).

First, the British Library for an exhibition on science fiction – Out of this World. It has persuaded me to read some of the classics of the sci-fi genre, HG Wells etc. Although may still be a while before I read one.

Exhibition posters. It was no photography so no photos from
the exhibition, but take my word for it, it was good!
I spotted the nice medieval illustration murals at Charing Cross last time
I was there but didn't stop to take photographs, today I did.
I like them a lot. Makes a change from advertisements.
Illustrated tree.
Real tree.
On a little stroll through Embankment gardens.
There were some statues of famous people I have never heard of. Haha.
Random interesting doors on the walk to Somerset House.
We went to Somerset House/The Courtald Gallery for this exhibition.
I'm not sure if I was allowed to take photographs, but I didn't anyway.
Here's some internet finds. Henry Toulouse Lautrec.
Covent garden.
and a fine string quartet.

No comments:

Post a Comment