Pages

Friday, 14 October 2011

Folk-lore

I love Stacey Rozich's illustrations, I would even say she is probably one of my favourite illustrators. It's funny how I could probably select several favourite illustrators but when it comes to graphic design it's more about individual pieces of work. And even then, it's not the same. Anyway, I love her illustrations for the amazing folk-art style.


This particular illustration is particularly folky, in more sense than one, for the inclusion of... lutes? Stringed instruments anyway. And it seems kind of relevant to me as I am training it up to London today to attend The Revival Tour tomorrow.

If you don't know what The Revival Tour is, these are the words I keep using to describe it: "a collaborative folk music event with musicians that used to be in punk bands." The very words I used to describe it to one of my tutors yesterday. Technically all the musicians are still in their punk bands but hey.

So. Excited. Eeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment