Pages

Sunday, 22 January 2012

Drawing trees

It's not like I really need an excuse to draw trees, but I created one anyway. These trees are for the Grimm's Fairy Tales book cover, in the Puffin design competition. I had absolutely no intention of doing the project until I had the idea the other night.

So I gathered a few research images, including some of my own tree photographs (particularly those taken in Norway), and set about drawing trees this afternoon.


And here's a sneaky peak at the current Illustrator document. Still working on the placement of the type, but I've cunningly devised a wrap around for the title and blurb so that when you take it off the yellow eyes are hiding underneath.


I might even print it out at uni tomorrow and see how it looks folded. But anyway, not bad for an afternoon/evenings work.

No comments:

Post a Comment