Pages

Sunday, 11 March 2012

So Lucky/Stay Lucky

On 11th June The Gaslight Anthem, my favourite band, will be playing what I consider to be a tiny gig at the Koko in Camden, London. It's something like 1400 capacity which compared to the last time I saw Gaslight, at Brixton Academy, with 5000 people is pretty special.

I failed at getting tickets on the pre-sale and very nearly failed on the general sale day, despite trying both days consistently from 9am on-the-dot. I was honestly devastated to think I'd miss out on this, music means a lot to me and Gaslight especially.

BUT, not to worry. The Live Nation website went down and because I'd enquired as to what was going through Twitter, I got a reply at about 10.30am to say "We've put tickets on TicketWeb - be quick!" Twitter is amazing. I was quick, and I am going to the gig! Also, the gig is conveniently place in our assessment week so all work will be handed in - it will be a nice reward for working hard.


I hope this video sums up how awesome the band is. This is quite possibly my favourite song in the world. EverOh and the title to this blog, at least the second part, is a reference to a Gaslight song from their last album. The luck was with me. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment