Pages

Monday, 14 May 2012

I love Amazon

Now I wouldn't normally post something like this on my blog but I have experienced brilliantly efficient customer services from Amazon and I thought it worth sharing the story so that others in the same situation might benefit as I have.

Basically, as you probably know if you read my blog regularly or know me personally, I got a Kindle for Christmas and I love it. I love reading as much as I love the physicality of books and with a Kindle I am able to read far more, whilst limiting what books I actually purchase in physical form – which is now mostly graphic design related books or maybe something like a graphic novel.

But on Friday night a tragedy occurred and some how, I'm not quite sure what I did, my Kindle's screen was broken. I didn't drop it and it was in its case but I think it got pressed a little too hard and bam, broken with faint horizontal lines residing on the screen to prove it. So after panicing for a bit and phoning my dad to tell him I'd "done a bad thing" – my parents gave me the Kindle for Christmas – I consulted Google and discovered that lots of other people had suffered the same e-reader fate.

AND, here's the best bit, if your Kindle is within warranty you can phone Amazon up through a special Kindle-only helpline explain that your screen is broken and they will send you out a new Kindle free of charge. So I phoned the Kindle customer services on Saturday morning, or rather I should say they phoned me after I tapped my number into the online form. The woman I spoke to was very helpful, understood my problem and said I'd be posted a replacement Kindle that day! On a Saturday.

And hey, it arrived early this afternoon. If that's not great customer service I don't know what is. I've had no reason to dislike Amazon in the past, but now I love them.

ps. don't let this put you off getting a Kindle, they are amazing. I just need to get a sturdier case and be more careful with mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment