Pages

Tuesday, 29 May 2012

I should draw more

Especially during this period of “I have no work to do” and especially in black fine liner… I rather like drawing in just fine liner. Hopefully this will be the first of many drawings, as I have a total of five more of my landscape-type photographs lined up to illustrate – and I'm sure I can dig out some more.

This is Tintagel's Old Post Office, as seen in my photograph here:

EDIT: Comparing this blog post to the previous post on my blog, when viewed on the home page at the same time, I'm thinking it would be nice to simplify this illustration of mine down. In the same sort of style as Katsuyuki Nishijima – thicker, bolder lines but obviously not actually woodblock printed. Maybe bring a bit of that Japanese ukiyo-e style to Cornish landscapes… Yes, art project!

1 comment:

  1. We hope you enjoyed your visit to us at Tintagel Old Post Office. We love your drawing and will have a copy here in our art folder for visitors to see. All the best for future art works from the staff of Tintatel Old Post Office.

    ReplyDelete