Pages

Monday, 2 July 2012

Folkday: Frank Turner & co. at the Eden Sessions

I was unbelievably excited when this show was announced earlier in the year. I wanted to go to an Eden Sessions show before leaving Cornwall anyway, but when Frank Turner was announced it was hard to say no (this makes the 8th time I have seen him play live, 7th time with The Sleeping Souls – I'm not bored yet). Add Seth Lakeman, Bellowhead and Stornoway to the bill and I'm sold.

The Staves
Pretty flags.
Mediterranean Biome.
Follow the wiggly yellow brick road?
Um, what?
I think this is a llama?
Dan made me sit on it.
Pictograms.
Clementines.
Dan's looking at something.
Piggy.
Tree!
Mull Historical Society.
Seth Lakeman – third time seeing him, best yet.
Bellowhead  – I knew they were a big band but I didn't realise how big.
Cornishness.
Stornoway – to be honest, they were a bit boring.
Shiny, shiny Mr Frank Turner.
Nigel played a recorder solo.
Fairly decent photo!
Another fairly decent photo.

All-in-all it was a great day of great live music. Of course FT and The Sleeping Souls were brilliant, with highlights including Frank's a'cappella solo, English Curse, and new song "I Want to Dance". But I think Bellowhead were equally excellent – need to a) get some more of their music and b) see them live again! Also, it's always nice to be in a beautiful location.

No comments:

Post a Comment