Pages

Thursday, 15 November 2012

Chough crazy

You may recall, way back at the end of my degree, I worked with Cornwall Film Festival on their 2012 re-brand. I illustrated/designed them a new chough – their mascot and the national bird of Cornwall – who comes in a variety of shapes and forms. I also chose a colour palette and a new primary typeface for them to use.

At the beginning of July I passed on the necessary files and left them to do as they wished with. Over the couple of months I’ve seen a few photographs featuring my designs around the internet and even spotted a poster (complete with my name on it) in a shop window in Falmouth when I popped down t’other weekend. The film festival itself was last weekend. Which I was invited to, but Cornwall is a long was to go back to two weekends in a row.


I didn’t design all of this, and to be honest there are a lot of little niggley things I would have done differently. For example, Futura was meant to be used as a secondary font but everything has been designed in the logo-font. Also, for some reason the logo has been placed at a knocked back opacity behind the illustration on the programme cover which is completely unnecessary.

But hey, it’s ma chough!




No comments:

Post a Comment