Pages

Wednesday, 16 October 2013

Joe Wilson

I have come across illustrator Joe Wilson on more than one occasion in the past, yet for some reason I’ve never blogged about him before. At least not directly. He is actually the illustrator behind one of my favourite book covers – and that I have posted a blog about (a whole three years ago). Sadly I didn’t reference him in that post though, so I’m going to make up for it now.

It’s Nice That posted about his film posters today, which sure are great, but I love his whole portfolio.

“Joe’s a UK-based illustrator and film buff working in a style that’s reliant on a phenomenal attention to detail and precision draftsmanship. This boy can really draw. Working in pencil, ink and digital colour, Joe creates rich, complex illustrations that evoke vintage movie posters, pulp novels and comics from the 1970s but with a contemporary feel (often the result of Joe’s digital colour palettes).” – It’s Nice That


No comments:

Post a Comment