Pages

Sunday, 3 November 2013

So, this is actually happening

Last night I booked my flights and paid the deposit for my holiday to Japan next April. I don’t think it’s quite sunk in that it is actually happening yet, having wanted to visit Japan for… well, forever.

I’ll be in Japan for 15 whole days and visiting these places, starting with Tokyo…

I made this map myself (well, I labelled it).

I’ve planned my holiday with Inside Japan Tours which seemed like a great option for a first time (and lone) traveller to Japan. But I’m not going on a guided or group tour in the traditional sense, I’ll be on my own for the most part.

I’ve been able to tailor what I want to do into my own holiday plan – like the Studio Ghibli museum in Tokyo, Matsumoto castle and Mt. Fuji. As well as getting to visit traditional samurai villages, take part in a tea ceremony and stay in traditional Japanese accommodation – I don’t think I could have organised much of that by myself.

Needless to say I’m excited, even if I am feeling a little short of money now. I don’t doubt it will be well worth it. The count down starts now… 157 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment