Pages

Tuesday, 31 December 2013

A real New Year's Resolution

I don’t normally make New Year’s Resolutions, in fact I don’t think I’ve ever made one. I figure if I’ve got something I really want to achieve then I’ll do it whether it’s the 1st of January or the 1st of August. I think most people feel that way, either that or they say they’ll do something like go on a diet or take up a new sport and don’t even last through to February.

But for 2014 I have a real resolution and I have no excuses not to stick to it because it’s super easy:
Listen to more music. New music. New bands. New albums.
(And old bands/albums that are new to me.)


It can’t be that hard can it? I pay for a full Spotify subscription every month and almost all the music I could want is on there. (Well, they don’t have The Gaslight Anthem’s first album, Sink or Swim, but then that’s not at all new to me.)

I decided on this resolution when I did one of those last.fm end-of-year-album-chart thingymajigs and realised my three most played albums of 2013 were all three The Menzingers albums, none of which were out in 2013. I didn’t expect any different really, I have been a little obsessive over the band this last year (ahem, Greg replied to my tweet earlier today!!!). So I’m not saying I’ll be listening to The Menzingers any less, they have a new album out in 2014, but I’ll listen to lots of other bands/albums as well.

I should probably go back at listen to some great albums I’ve missed from 2013 first…

No comments:

Post a Comment