Pages

Sunday, 18 May 2014

London Aquarium

Yesterday I went to London to see the new Godzilla film at the IMAX on the Southbank – my first IMAX experience and pretty good it was too. No comments on the film, I’ll just say that it was generally enjoyable but I still don’t see the point of 3D, whether on a massive IMAX screen or a standard cinema screen.

Prior to Godzilla however, I had a surprise visit to the London Aquarium, which is near the London Eye along the river Thames. I haven’t been to an aquarium since I was a kid – and even then I don’t remember which aquarium(s) I would have been to, somewhere on holiday I suppose. Needless to say, it was awesome!


I really, really want to go diving somewhere tropical now. I realise I probably should have learnt to dive when I lived next to the sea for three years in Cornwall. But I didn’t, I just swam in the sea a lot. I always fancied diving in the Great Barrier Reef one day – a distant dream. And hey, I achieved one of my dreams of going to Japan so why not this?

No comments:

Post a Comment