Pages

Wednesday, 18 June 2014

Northern [and, briefly, Southern] Ireland

Yep, I’d been living in my new home in Bedford for less than a week – just about settled in – before I was off travelling somewhere else. Somewhere new, in fact. Northern Ireland.

On Saturday morning I left Bedford and drove to Luton Airport where I hopped on a plane to Belfast – shortest and easiest flight I’ve ever taken. There I met Emma, a friend from Falmouth, and spent a few days with her as my guide around Belfast, the north coast and countryside, plus we also took a brief trip across the border into Ireland, to visit Dublin.

It was a wonderful weekend full of amazingly sunny weather, stunning surroundings, all manner of Game of Thrones related things and the odd leprechaun.

Saturday: Belfast
Wandering around town, The Big Fish and the Game of Thrones exhibition.

Sunday: The North Coast
The Giant’s Causeway, Carrick-a-Rede, Ballintoy Harbour and the Dark Hedges.

Monday: Dublin & Armagh
General wanderings and the Leprechaun Museum in Dublin, followed by Armagh on the way home.

Tuesday: Belfast
Stormont, Titanic Belfast for the “Brick City’ Lego exhibition and City Hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment