Pages

Friday, 12 September 2014

Atlas Obscura

Atlas Obscura is a website and source of information for not only those that want to travel and see the world, in general, but particularly for people who want to get ‘off the beaten track’ and see what hidden gems the world has to offer.

“In an age where everything seems to have been explored and there is nothing new to be found, we celebrate a different way of looking at the world. Atlas Obscura is a collaborative project. We depend on our far-flung community of explorers (like you!) to help us discover amazing, hidden spots, and share them with the world. If you know of a curious place that's not already in the Atlas, let us know.” – about Atlas Obscura

I mentioned Atlas Obscura in a previous blog post of mine, earlier in the year, when I first discovered the website. Since then I have been following their Twitter account and occasionally reading new articles but by no means all of them. It was only today, on my lunch break at work, that I decided to sign up for my own AO account, after reading several different articles – namely this cat paradises article.

Here’s my profile.

Places I’ve been
Places I want to go to

I have been slowly finding and adding places I have been to, mostly in the UK (lots in Cornwall!) – there must be more things in Japan that I have seen, but I haven’t listed yet. Plus I’ve only added half as many place that I’d like to visit – I’m sure there’s plenty more. I’d also like to to add my own place to ‘the atlas’. I’m thinking the peace pagoda in Milton Keynes, UK, and The Forest of the Seven Lucky Gods in Takayama, Japan…

No comments:

Post a Comment