Pages

Sunday, 21 September 2014

The Inherited Stamp Collection

I don’t know much about it, but my nan used to work for a ‘stamp company’, in London, in the 1950s. This meant that both she and my granddad were collectors of stamps. I have now inherited this stamp collection, although I know nothing about stamps really.

The first day covers – a postage stamp on a post card or stamped envelope franked on the first day the issue is authorized for use within the country or territory of the stamp-issuing authority – are particularly interesting and appeal to me as a designer. I also like how most of the addresses (not actually addressed to either of my grandparents – must find out who C.A. Marsters Esq. is or was) are clearly typed on a typewriter.

I realise a lot of these are pretty wonky – my poor scanning skills.
These pages of the world stamp album were very difficult to scan, so I only did a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment