Pages

Monday, 9 February 2015

Yummly

One of my friends first showed me Yummly, a recipe database website and iPhone/iPad app, last year when a group of us were at her house and we were about to commence cooking a chickpea and butternut squash tagine. I started using it a few weeks later and have since started recommending it to others myself – I told my mum to download the iPad app only yesterday!

Yummly is a great little tool, that is both visually appealing and highly functional – you don’t just search for a recipe, you can search by a specific ingredient and tailor your search to your own dietary requirements. I used Yummly a lot during my month as a vegan, changing my dietary preferences from pescatarian to vegan.

You can save your ‘yums’ to your own account and categorise them if you so wish – dinner, sides, desserts, salads, soups, whatever you want. It will also recommend you new recipes that you may want to try based on things you’ve yummed or been looking for. Recipes come from various sources all over the Internet, like BBC Good Food and the Good Food Channel, but are usefully compiled into one place with Yummly.

This is my profile with most recent yums, most of which I haven’t actually cooked yet.
And some of my ‘collections’. I’ve only just really started using this feature.

Yummly was launched in 2010 by foodies on a mission to invent the ultimate kitchen tool. Whether it’s finding a recipe or going to the store, Yummly wants to make it easier for foodies to do what they love – cook, eat, and share! Yummly’s mission is to be the world’s largest, most powerful, and most helpful food site in the world. about Yummly

No comments:

Post a Comment