Pages

Tuesday, 31 March 2015

Copenhagen: Day 2 of 3

Day 2 of 3 (Saturday 28th March (my birthday), 2015):
In search of breakfast, Copenhagen Zoo, Frederiksberg park and palace, the Round Tower, Strøget shopping street and the Lego Shop.

Morning in Nyhavn
Breakfast of black coffee and rye bread at Baresso – a Danish coffee shop chain.
The Happy Wall (with my initials)
Zoo!
First animal at the zoo: flamingo
“Yep, that’s right. I’m in the zoo but I can fly outta here whenever I want”, said the Heron.
We are all primates.
Auditions for the latest Guinness advert
The red panda was very sleepy.
The tigers were particularly impressive (or tiger, non-plural, in this case).
Delicious creamy tomato soup with rye bread crisp, plus an equally tasty rhubarb lemonade.
Every time I have been to a zoo in the last 10 years – which is a good 4 or 5 times, including today – the wolves have always been hiding. Today was the same, although ironically we did glimpse one, through a wire fence, from outside of the zoo – as their enclosure borders the main park that the zoo sits inside. So, here is a wolf sign and some paw prints instead.
I found a wolf in the zoo shop. Steve bought one for me, as it was my birthday afterall, although mine is a bit smaller than this fella.
Frederiksberg palace – a typically yellow Danish building!
Frederiksberg park
I love this bridge.
There is fine architecture to be admired everywhere in Copenhagen.
The Round Tower
Fountain in the square on Strøget – the longest pedestrian street in the world.
The only LEGO shop in Denmark, funny because it’s a Danish company/product.
History of the LEGO logo
Just a small section of the Nyhavn buildings made from LEGO

See Day 1 here. And Day 3 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment