Pages

Sunday, 15 March 2015

The San Fan

To celebrate the release of Isao Takahata’s Academy Award nominated and ravishingly beautiful new film, The Tale of The Princess Kaguya, released in UK cinemas on Friday 20 March, 2015, we’re launching a brand new creative brief and offering a great prize for your efforts. Little White Lies

I was kindly pointed in the direction of this creative competition by my friend Chrissy (she’d previously asked me a Ghibli related question so it was an appropriate share). I didn’t think I’d have much free time to come up with a suitable design, what with putting the finishing touches to my Japan book design… but I have ended up putting together a fairly simple design today.

The task: to design a Studio Ghibli themed fan (focus of each artwork must be on the amazing female heroines of the Studio Ghibli universe).

My design: The San Fan – inspired by my favourite Ghibli heroine, San, from Princess Mononoke and repeated patterns within Japanese art.


I’m aware that my design is far from groundbreaking and I probably could have produced something far more impressive had I got the time. But it was fun and I’m happy that I have something to enter. I do love Studio Ghibli!

No comments:

Post a Comment