Pages

Saturday, 18 April 2015

I’m a Cats Protection sponsor

Earlier this month I made the decision to become a Cats Protection sponsor, donating money each month to help cats and kittens in the UK.

Hungry, homeless and alone, every day hundreds of unwanted cats arrive at Cats Protection. Sponsoring one of our cat pens is one of the best ways you can help, providing them with shelter, warmth, food, medical care and the love they need.

I received my starter pack in the post last week, including a sticker which I promptly put on display in my car. That cute little tabby face you see there in the middle belongs to Luna, the first cat I am sponsoring. She’s two years old, expecting a litter of kittens and looks just like my Cleo.


It’s no secret that I love cats. Cleo, the tabby-cat, is my most favourite furry creature in all of the world but she lives with my parents and I do not any more. I really miss having a cat permanently in my life – although, of course, I see Cleo fairly often. Sadly, I live in a flat where it would not only be far from ideal for a cat (third floor and no garden area, so only suitable for an indoor cat) but ‘NO PETS’ is also stated in my letting agreement. Like many letting agreements…

Cats and housing providers: Government recognition of the needs of people with cats or other companion animals in rented housing and care homes to allow people to keep their pets and avoid heartbreaking separations of cats from their owners. We’d also like to see more local authorities, social housing associations and private landlords having pet friendly tenancy clauses. (96 per cent agreed)

This is just one of the things included in the Cats Protection’s Manifesto for Cats.

This video literally made my cry because I am unable to adopt my own cat right now.
But at least I am able to help in other ways. Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment