Pages

Wednesday, 22 April 2015

In print

Well, I’m practically a published author now! My one and only copy of Five Thousand Miles arrived in the post on Monday and it looks absolutely beautiful.


But I’m not just talking about my design or photography skills – although they are fairly decent – as the overall finish of the book is amazing. It did cost me more than a few quid though, so I expected the quality to be good but perhaps not quite so good (check out Blurb books). It has been so nicely printed, keeping the colours bright and crisp, and uses such high quality paper (although, again, I paid for it!). The cover alone is excellent to behold, nevermind the inside of the book…

I took the book into work for everyone to have a look at (if they wanted to!) yesterday and received some great feedback. I mean, I’ve received positive feedback regarding the web-journal and digital book versions too but there’s something more rewarding about having this travel journal as a real printed book. Plus, I love books.

I haven’t taken too many photos as it is either best looked at in person or, if you’re perhaps on the other side of the world and we’ve never met, viewed the digitally.

I’ve photographed the book with a green tea Kit Kat. Partly for scale – the book is huge! – and partly because I have resisted eating this remaining treat from Japan for a whole year.


No comments:

Post a Comment