Pages

Saturday, 4 April 2015

Love Japan Magazine: Issue #1

You may remember at the end of last year, during my Christmas break, I spent some time working on the branding for a new Japan-themed magazine – Love Japan Magazine. Well, Issue #1 is now out there and it’s awesome!

I didn’t have too much involvement in the actual layout of the magazine… But I designed the patterns that are in use for backgrounds and page borders, as well as suggesting font combinations when I did the branding work. Plus, one of my photos is in there – see if you can find it. I have also made some overall typographical and editorial design tweaks to the final magazine – as an editorial designer in my day job (2.5 years and a middleweight designer now, by the way!), I thought I could put my skills and expertise to good use.

Emily has done an amazing job pulling everything together – not to mention coming up with the idea for a well-researched, well-written and well-designed Japan-themed magazine in the first place – and there are some excellent articles, photos and illustrations that have been contributed to the magazine from a wide range of people, all over the world.

I’m excited to say that, although I didn’t work on the design for the layout of this issue, I will be having more involvement in Issue #2. I’m meeting Emily to discuss things [over some Japanese tea] in London next weekend. So stay tuned for more details on #2! And for now… here is Issue #1:


No comments:

Post a Comment