Pages

Wednesday, 24 June 2015

Gunwalloe & Loe Bar

On Wednesday 24th of June, I got up extra early and headed off on my own (in my new car) to Cornwall. Although I am the kind of crazy person that would holiday on their own – ahem, Japan – I actually met my parents in Cornwall. I stayed for a week (Wednesday to Wednesday) of their two weeks in Cornwall and had the most wonderful time. We visited some family favourite locations – the Lizard and Falmouth (of course) – and also some new places – the Theatre, Trebah Gardens and the Lost Gardens of Heligan.

Anyone who follows me on Twitter or Instagram will have already seen some (quite a lot) of my iPhone photography but, believe it or not, I actually took more photographs than just those that I posted…

Bright and early, sort of.
Obligatory Costa Coffee stop at Taunton Deane services.
The view upon arrival in Gunwalloe.
Giving the legs a stretch with stroll across the, highly pebbly, beach.
Admiring the rocks.
Pebble stacks left over from the solstice.
Awesome trees.
Loe bar and the largest natural freshwater lake in Cornwall.
Stunning.
Starting to walk up to the cliffside coastal path, back to Gunwalloe.
Teeny tiny sail boat.
Fuzzy wuzzy caterpillar.
We had dinner in the local pub – just 2 minutes from the cottage. I had a whole plaice topped with crab. When in Cornwall, eat fish.
And a spectacular sunset to finish the day,

No comments:

Post a Comment