Pages

Monday, 13 July 2015

Hyper Japan 2015

On Saturday I attended my first Hyper Japan Festival in London, at the O2 (or the Millennium Dome, for those that remember it before!).

HYPER JAPAN is your one-stop destination for all things Japanese. Whether you want to try authentic Japanese food or street food, learn about traditional or modern arts, or share your love of anime and videogames, HYPER JAPAN has something for everyone!

I didn’t really know what to expect, only that it would be awesome to be around so many other Japanophiles like myself. I had a good day all-in-all, but there was a lot of queuing and generally a lot more people than there were stalls – particularly food stalls – and general things to see and do!

This was where we got to in the queue after about 10 minutes.
So many Japanese KitKats and other sweeties.
One of the first stops was Tofu Cute.
I really want one of these plushie Mt Fuji.
I loved the bonsai, of course.
Matcha bubble tea – far nicer than the last one of these I had.
Watching the martial arts performances was fun.
So the Japanese like cats, eh?
Just Link from LOZ playing video games.
Retro and almost as old as me.
A little bonsai in the ‘garden’.
The most amazing Princess Mononoke (Studio Ghibli) forest spirit cosplay.
So many amazing looking cupcakes.
Of course I bought a matcha one.
And a popping edamame pod keyring.

No comments:

Post a Comment