Pages

Tuesday, 30 June 2015

Mullion Cove, the Lizard & Kynance Cove

By Tuesday – the last full day of my holiday in Cornwall – we had managed to do pretty much everything that we had planned. However, it was a super beautiful sunny (and a bit too hot for my liking, to be honest!) day so we weren’t about to waste it lazing around. First stop was Mullion Cove. We walked around the harbour and a little way up the coast path on one cliffside.

The Driftwood Throne.
Oh, to swim in waters that blue…
A wee snake!

We didn’t stay for too long, in Mullion, as dad wanted to get to the Marconi wireless station at the Lizard when it opened at midday. He and mum went inside the wireless station, whilst I sat outside in the sun and read my book.

Believe it or not, this is not the first time I have photographed Lizard cows.
The famous Lizard lighthouse, near the most southerly point.

After picnic-ing in Lizard village, we headed back on the road to Kynance Cove. Kynance Cove is quite beautiful with some awesome rock formations but it was very busy. Busy with beach-goers. I’m not one for sitting around on the beach anyway, but if I was I probably wouldn’t choose Kynance Cove beach for sunbathing!

Is there a better location to read a good book?

As it was my final night in Cornwall, we had a table booked at The Square in Porthleven – the same place we’d been for a coffee earlier in the week. The food was incredible.

A last meal in Cornwall would not be complete without a Cornish cider.
Seafood linguine with a chilli-crab sauce.
One of the most amazing desserts I’ve ever eaten: white chocolate and cream cheese mousse with
cherries and a chocolate crumble topping, plus chocolate sorbet.
And one last beautiful, beautiful sunset.

Cue massive sigh. I won’t be posting a blog with the next morning in Falmouth as I’ve posted a hundred Falmouth blogs and photos in the past! As always, it was hard to leave. As always, I’ll be back. Falmouth, and really just Cornwall in general, are where my heart belongs.

See the previous day, The Lost Gardens of Heligan & Mevagissey, here

No comments:

Post a Comment