Pages

Monday, 29 February 2016

The Xtra Mile Recordings Tour of North America

After a little encouragement from my boyfriend and my mum – the latter a surprisingly big Xtra Mile fan – I decided to try and come up with something to enter into the recent Xtra Mile poster competition. I am a graphic designer afterall, plus I hadn’t done much music-related design work in a while.

‘Calling all artsy XMR fans! We want you to design the special, limited edition, screen printed lithograph for Skinny Lister, Beans On Toast and Will Varley’s North American tour. We are looking for an unique and original piece of art for this special #XMRtour, happening in March and April of 2016. Anyone can submit a design. You are allowed to create whatever you see fit for this poster…’

I had an idea fairly quickly (using the Skinny Lister flagon) but spent a good few hours moving things about and changing colours. Entries for the competition closed on Friday so I didn’t feel too reluctant to share my design here… and now I’ve just found out that I won! I’m so pleased.


No comments:

Post a Comment