Pages

Thursday, 13 January 2011

Tales of the Otori

I am currently re-reading Across the Nightingale Floor by Lian Hearn, for what I think must be about the fourth time. It is the first book in a three part series which I guess you could call Tales of the Otori – as it's centred around the Otori family, particularly Takeo.

I am pretty sure these are my favourite series of books.

The author has also written before and after books which are also excellent.

 

My parents bought me these miniature versions of the books. Each book is split into two episodes. They thought I'd like them for the Japanese prints on the covers, which I did. Unfortunately they didn't realise that the books being miniature meant there should be six and not just three. But I have them all now.


"Tales of the Otori is a series of historical fantasy novels by Lian Hearn, set in a fictional world based on feudal Japan. The books follow a young warrior named Takeo in his struggles to avenge an adoptive father, escape the legacy of his biological father, and pursue the love of his life in the midst of an enormous power struggle involving dozens of clan lords and thousands of warriors.
Five battles to fight. Four to win, one to lose." – Ta, wikipedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment